Google Image will bring traffic to your blog, if you know how to use it. VlogHog regularly links to pictures directly from Google Image and as a result, this blog receives visitors who click on these images.
By following these steps, not only will you bring traffic to your blog but you will improve your Google search rank.
1. Go to Google Image
2. Type in a subject related to your blog post. For instance, for you're blogging about Alicia Keys, type in Alicia Keys.
3. Pick a picture featuring Keys (or whatever subject you decide).
4. Click on the image and then select see full-size image. It's in blue at the top of the page.
5. When the image is the ONLY thing on the screen, copy the url in the address bar. The image must take up the screen like this for this step to work.
6. At some point in your blog post, link to that image using the url you copied.
When someone searches for Alicia Keys using Google Image search, your blog will be listed as one of the sites using the image you chose.
Even though another blog or website is listed below the picture, if you have linked to the image, you will receive traffic. Look at this example when you type in VlogHog at Google Image.
When you look at my Sitemeter stats (as you can do by clicking the VlogHog visitor counter), you'll discover that people have clicked on pictures at Google Image and visited my blog.
Linking through Google Image works best when the image and subject of your blog are in sync. For example, if the image is of Bill Gates, you'll get a longer stay at your blog if you're also writing about him.
Of course, you must take into consideration the copyright laws when linking to photos, wallpaper and images. As it states in Google Image, images may be subject to copyright.
Everybody wants blog traffic. You. Me. Them. To increase your blog traffic, you must use many methods. Google Image is one tool that can help you achieve your goals.
Pictured: Alicia Keys. Who else?