3/27/14

VlogHog Worth More Than Five Million Dollars

File this under don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Some website called Hupso.com (don't go there because I don't know what it is) claims that the very blog you are reading is worth five million dollars.

According to their stats, VlogHog gets one million visitors a day and should and could earn up to $100,000 a month on advertising. I've copied the page and the info is below.



First, if this blog got 100,000 visitors a month, I'd retire. 1,000,000 visitors a month? 1,000,000? According to Sitemeter (the button is to the right of this page) this blog has gotten 800,000 page views since 2007.   Bush was still president. Simon Cowell was on American Idol. Jay Leno announced his first retirement.

So what's going on? Is Hupso.Com wrong? Am I missing out on millions of dollars? Has your website been overvalued by Hupso?

Would I want one million visitors a month? Hell yeah!  One million a day! One million an hour! But I'm realistic and know that might never happen even though I have the best content on the Internet. The best.

If this was some marketing ploy by Hupso to get me to visit their website well it worked. Some of you should take notes on how to market your site better including me.

One day this site will have a trillion visitors a month and the Internet will take notice. We're not quite there yet. Don't believe everything you read on the net.

No comments :