8/22/10

When Do You Stop Blogging?

VlogHog has been on the net for three years now.  Still, plugging along hoping to catch on with a billion viewers a day.  A lot has happened in that time. We changed presidents, Simon Cowell left American Idol, ER finally went off the air, and a lot of other stuff too.

How long will VlogHog be here? I don't know. Some days I get good traffic, some days I get no traffic.  The blog has over a thousand incoming links. Does Google care? Hell no. To this end,  I get almost no traffic from search engines.  However, I do get traffic from pictures I link to.  Go figure.

Some days I make dollars. Some days I make cents. Most days I make nothing.   According to Alexa, 23 million sites get more traffic than I do. But due to a recent traffic spike, that will change. But traffic spikes are just that. Spikes. They go up and they will go down.

Once a had a traffic spike of 9000 visitors in one day and next day I had only 100 visitors. They should call them traffic teases.

On the days of August 20 and 21, I had a traffic spikes of 24,000 and 40,000 visitors. The most ever.  But now things are back to normal. Meaning I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon.

So, the question is, "How long do you keep doing something you like even when there is no benefits of doing it?" That's a long question.  Let me shorten it, "When do you stop blogging?"

The answer to me is when you start hating it.  I don't mean ocassionally hating it. I mean hating it everyday. To date, I don't hate blogging. Really.  I still want to figure out how to make a living at doing this.  I still want to learn. I still want to grow. 

My gut can stop growing anytime now.

So, VlogHog will still be here.  Posting videos that make you laugh.  I hope.

I will post more videos and articles if you care to watch and read them.  I might even put up a bio on myself. 

Don't forget to tell your friends about this blog and keep your dreams alive.

vloghog

1 comment :

a. Gore said...

As I have mentioned before, blogging will die within the next couple of years.

Twitter, Facebook, and whatever lazy apps that common folks use, will over take blogging.

This country is becoming more entitled and impatience.

A good blog demands attention to detail and the world attention span is growing shorter.