8/10/07

Vegetable Oil Used To Power Car And Get 700 Miles to the Tank YouTube Video

The price of gasoline doesn't bother me at all. Not at all. While you other marks complain and bitch about $3.00 a gallon, I relax and chill as I sit on the passenger side of my best friend's ride. You see, I don't have a car (one that actually runs) so gas prices don't mean a thing to me.

But for those who aren't automobile challenged, this video may be of use to you. Believe it or not, there are some cars that run on vegetable oil and get 700 miles to the tank. They call the fuel biodiesel.

Why aren't biodiesel fuel raging across the world? One reason, barely mentioned in the clip below, is that it's made out of such foods as corn, sunflowers and soybeans. The great thing about petroleum oil is we don't eat it. To make biofuels, we (yeah, like I'm out there doing it) would use tons of foods such as sunflowers, soybeans and corn. Thus, there would be less feed for food producing animals like cows, sheep and chickens. Oh yeah, there would be less for humans too. This, among others reasons, is why biodiesel fuels are slow to catch on.

Thus endeth my high schoolish summation.

Still 700 miles to the tank!!!





There is VlogHog and there is everybody else.

No comments :